Mark and Dawn of RV Education 101 are well-known gurus of professional RVing for the last 20 years. Since 1999, their expertise has provided travel junkies with important RV instruction training videos, DVD’s, books, and e-books with tips on using and maintaining your RV. Their materials inform RVers with tips and safety advice on topics including winterizing, towing, and RV essential items, and more.
Mark has an extensive background in this field. He has worked in the RV industry for the past 30 years as an RV technician, a wheeled vehicle and power generation mechanic, an automotive maintenance technician, an RV sales manager, and also in the RV financing department as the Finance & Insurance manager.
That’s why when we launched our extensive line of portable air compressors, made exclusively for the RV industry, we knew we had to reach out to Mark and RV Education 101 to test our new inflators out.
VIAIR and RV Education 101 partnered together to help to highlight the benefits and importance of using our quality tire inflator to keep your large RV tires safe while out on the road. Take a look at RV Education’s video review below of VIAIR’s 450P-RVS Portable Tire Inflator (Perfect for Class A RV’s and smaller), which discusses the top reasons why VIAIR is an essential item for every RVer:
Why Tire Pressure Maintenance for RVs?
For many, owning an RV is often a “want”, and not a “need”, but once you own an RV, tire pressure maintenance becomes a “need”. Since tires are the foundation of your home while on the road, tire pressure maintenance is essential for all RVers.
By maintaining proper tire pressure, you increase your RV’s gas mileage, steering ability, and can prolong the life of your RV tires. By utilizing a VIAIR portable tire inflator, avoid wasting time searching for a gas station and reduce the risk of being stuck on the side of the road.
Which RV Tire Inflator is Right for me?
See our diagram below for a quick reference chart to help you decide which tire inflator is best for your application!
Below are a few other helpful hints to assist you with more knowledge about VIAIR RV Tire Inflators.
What Does Duty Cycle Mean?
- Duty cycle is the amount of time that a compressor can be run, in a full cycle, (typically one hour) that includes the compressor’s run time and rest time.
- Should the compressor get too hot, it is equipped with a thermal overload switch that will shut it off until it cools back down.
Benefits of the Automatic Feature:
- Our 400P-RVS (perfect for Class C RV’s) and 450P-RVS RV (perfect for Class A RV’s) tire inflators are both equipped with the automatic “stop/start” feature making filling tires an easier task than ever before! The automatic feature really helps when moving from tire to tire, and when checking tire pressure in the middle of a tire fill.
- The automatic feature will save you time & effort when inflating your tires.
- VIAIR has made it easy for you, by including all that you need to fill your RV tires. Included in each RV portable air compressor kit are:
- Extended hoses to reach your RV Class-specific size tires
- Dual battery clamps with Inline Gauge Fuse
- (400P-RVS and 450P-RVS only) Two types of chucks to fill either dually tires or any other type of tire you may have.
- A 45-Degree extended reach chuck for those hard to reach dual rear wheels
- A 90-Degree twist on chuck for easier tire fills while standing
- 3-piece inflation tip set so you can fill other objects like basketballs, river toys, air mattresses, etc.
- A conveniently-sized carry bag so you can store your compressor and accessories together.
RV Accessories: Winterization Kit
Pair the VIAIR 400P-RVS or 450P-RVS Tire Inflators with the VIAIR RV Winterization Kit to protect your RV’s water system from freezing during the winter months. This easy do-it-yourself kit regulates compressed air and removes any remaining water in your RV. Protect your investment from split pipes, ruptured tanks or failed pumps by draining your water system and you’ll be ready to hit the road or your favorite campsite without worry!
To learn more about the VIAIR RV Winterization Kit click here.
Remember, VIAIR is here to help you when it comes to choosing the right tire inflator for you RV!
If you have any further questions, you can always contact us:
- Call us at 949-585-0011 from 8AM-5PM PT, Monday-Friday
- Chat us with our website’s Live Chat feature from 8AM-5PM PT, Monday-Friday
- Email us at Customer Service to reach us after-hours, and we will reply to you the following business day.